Palo Alto Networks: Honored to Be Recognized Again! A Leader 11 Straight Times
Author: Anand Oswal
Re-published from December 22, 2022
On December 22, 2022, Gartner named Palo Alto Networks a Leader for the eleventh consecutive time in its Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls for 2022.
We’re extremely proud of this recognition and firmly believe that it confirms our approach to enterprise security and ability to deliver best-in-class cybersecurity to our customers.
A Magic Quadrant provides a graphical competitive positioning of four types of technology providers, which are Leaders, Challengers, Visionaries and Niche Players in markets where growth is high and provider differentiation is distinct. Our 11th time in consistent recognition as a Leader is based on our ability to execute (current offering) and completeness of vision (strategy and long term investment).
Read why we believe we were recognized by Gartner:
- A Comprehensive Network Security Platform: Our network security platform includes ML-Powered Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs), software NGFWs and Prisma Access, which together secure the entire enterprise, from the smallest branch offices and mobile workers to the largest data centers and cloud workloads. Prisma Access offers full Security Service Edge (SSE) capabilities that include cloud access security broker (CASB), secure web gateway (SWG) and Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), among others.
- Our Network Security Platform simplifies network security by offering a consistent set of cloud-delivered security services wherever users, devices and applications are located, an approach that replaces multiple security tools. To protect organizations from today’s advanced cybersecurity attacks, security teams must move away from traditional point-product approaches to security. Organizations need a new approach that helps consolidate security infrastructure, improves security posture, and reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) while ensuring critical assets remain protected at all times.
- By deploying our network security platform, customers will see a number of business benefits, such as an ROI of 247%, reduced likelihood of a data breach by 45%, over $9.9M of savings by removing redundant infrastructure, 30% faster security optimization, and 50% reduction in management workload. Read The Total Economic Impact™ of Palo Alto Networks for Network Security to learn how you can maximize your ROI with our network security platform.
- Advanced Security Services: Instead of solely relying on signature-based approaches, our NGFWs offer ML-powered protection with inline deep learning that stops patient zero with industry-first real-time protection against zero-day and highly evasive threats. Advanced Threat Prevention, Advanced URL Filtering, Advanced WildFire and DNS Security, among other Cloud-Delivered Security Services, actively block evasive attacks before they can compromise organizational assets. IoT Security integrates with our next-generation firewalls to dynamically discover and maintain a real-time inventory of the IoT devices on the network. Our 5G Security solution helps customers gain granular visibility into 5G traffic and implement enterprise-grade security controls across cloud-native 5G networks.
- Multiple Network Security Form Factors: Our network security platform supports multiple form factors, including the PA-Series (hardware firewalls), VM-Series (virtual firewalls), Prisma Access (FWaaS), CN-Series (containerized firewalls) and Cloud NGFW. These form factors of our network security platform easily integrate into even the most complex architectures, consolidate the security stack to reduce complexity, deliver visibility across the security infrastructure, and provide complete and consistent protection across the business.
- Ongoing Innovation – Say Hello to Nebula and Nova: Earlier this year, we introduced PAN-OS 10.2 Nebula and PAN-OS 11.0 Nova, new versions of our industry-leading software that enable organizations to stay ahead of emerging threats using inline deep learning and stop zero-day malware with zero stress. With Nebula and Nova, we made enhancements to URL Filtering, DNS Security, IoT Security, Threat Prevention and Enterprise Data Loss Prevention, as well as launched AIOps for NGFW. Register for our January 31, 2023 launch event, Stop Zero-Day Malware with Zero Stress, to learn how our newest innovations are pushing the boundaries of network security.
- Enhanced AIOps for NGFW: Misconfigurations are still the root of many successful cyberattacks, which is why we need to enlist machines to help address this complex problem. That’s where AIOps comes in. Launched earlier this year, AIOps for NGFW is designed to proactively improve security posture and health. With Nova, AIOps is even more proactive. AIOps is now enhanced to help organizations further strengthen their defenses by guarding against violations of best practices and remediating inefficiencies and errors in security policies.
- New Firewalls for Mid-size and SMB Businesses: Our newest fourth-generation ML-Powered NGFWs bring PAN-OS 11.0 Nova and its ability to help stop highly evasive threats to every part of the organization – from the smallest branch offices to the largest campuses and data centers. Our PA-1400 and PA-400 Series deliver enterprise-grade security in a small form factor. The PA-1400 Series and new additions to the PA-400 Series deliver our NGFW capabilities to distributed enterprise branch offices, retail locations and midsize businesses with up to 5x higher performance compared to the previous generation. Learn more.
- At Palo Alto Networks, we believe we continue to build on our position as a Leader with powerful innovations and a strong product strategy that help address modern network security challenges. We’re grateful to our customers for providing invaluable feedback that helps us continually raise the bar in cybersecurity. We believe this incredible partnership has propelled us to be recognized as a Leader for the 11th time in a row and inspires us to enhance our product portfolio and introduce innovative solutions as we work to make the world a safer place.
Read a complimentary copy of the Garter Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner and Magic Quadrant is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, Rajpreet Kaur | Adam Hils |Thomas Lintemuth , 19 December 2022
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The report name was changed from ‘Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls’ to ‘Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls’ in 2019.