Can you believe it’s almost summer? As the month of May comes and goes, so does another Secure360 conference. The Secure360 team thanks you for spending time with us at the Mystic Lake Event Center this May 9th and 10th! We couldn’t have done it without the UMSA staff, volunteers, esteemed speakers, sponsors and of course, you, the attendees.
Let’s take a few moments to reflect on this year’s conference. Thank you for sharing your time with us as we enjoyed:
- Two incredible keynotes, Crystal Washington and John Sileo
- Dozens of educational breakout sessions, from expert panels to hands-on experiences
- Seeing our scholarship winners receive their awards live at the Wednesday opening awards session
- A special Tuesday afternoon Happy Hour full of conversation, laughter, and new connections
- State of the art food and beverage to keep our days fueled
- And much more!
Secure360 2023 Conference Statistics
- 650+ attendees
- Including 55+ Student or Career360 Registrants
- 60+ sponsors, exhibitors & affiliates
- 80+ breakout sessions
- $2,900+ dollars raised for the UMSA Scholarship Foundation
We also tried out a few new things for Secure360 2023, including:
- Movement of the Demo Stage to the Minnetonka Ballroom
- A Career360 track for students and career-changers on Wednesday
- A new conference app called Pheedloop, including the ability to create your own schedule and the ability to keep up-to-date on the latest happenings (P.S. we’ll be utilizing this same app for 2024, including yet-to-be-released features!)
We Count on Your Feedback
We take your feedback very seriously to ensure an even greater experience for 2024. There is still time to leave your feedback on the conference as a whole. Thank you, also, for your feedback on the breakout sessions you attended. To rate sessions and leave comments, navigate to the conference app, Pheedloop, and click on the “Feedback” tab on the bottom right of a session’s page.
What you’ve said so far about Secure360 2023…
- My favorite part was reconnecting with colleagues that I hadn’t seen in a long time and hearing about different approaches to solving IT/infosec risk challenges.
- I really appreciated the sessions attended and the variety to choose from in the offerings. Third Party Risk – All Your Base Are Belong to Us, The Importance of Dark Web, The impact of AI on Cyber Security, and The Office Politician were highlights.
- Sessions covered a wide range of topics and really helped increase the awareness of areas for improvement.
- I appreciated the “soft” science presentations. Learning how to “sell” our services to management and work more efficiently with other departments is as important as getting the security right.
- [Secure360] continues to be a valuable conference for all the professions it represents.
And don’t forget the impact of your donation dollars…
Being awarded the scholarship among my peers is an honor and privilege. This award reinforces that I am moving in the right direction and encourages me to pursue my desired career in cybersecurity, having the desire to learn and being committed to expanding my knowledge and crafts. I cannot thank UMSA enough for this incredible acknowledgment, for being part of my career and professional life and offering me a learning opportunity to thrive in this profession. – Oludayo Dahunsi, 2023 Scholarship Recipient
Don’t miss a thing: Speaker slides & conference photos are now available!
Speaker slides from the conference will be available on the conference app if the speaker chose to submit. Check back regularly over the coming weeks as presentations are uploaded as they are received! If you are looking for a certain slide deck or if you have any questions with a specific session or run into issues with your download, please contact email@example.com.
Congratulations are in order!
From conference game winners to scholarship recipients, we’ve got people to celebrate.
- Congratulations to our 2023 Scholarship winners… check out our latest blog post to learn more about them!
- $1,000 Winners
- Elvis Ameyaw, Oludayo Dahunsi, Emma Gustavson, Zayne Horak, Annabelle Klosterman, Meherete Negatu, Rojina Neupane, Wacheng Yang
- $1,000 Winners
- $3,000 Winners
- Hawi Daba, Yousef Mahayni, Gwendolyn Vongkasemsiri, Lecas Yang
- $3,000 Winners
- Congratulations, game winners!
- Allen Cook
- Nicholas Bohler
Attendee Certificates of Attendance
Be sure to check your inbox (or below!) for your certificate of attendance and for information on how to obtain your agenda of scanned sessions from the event. If you are audited or need to have a record of what sessions you attended, use your information in the app or please email support@fusionLP.org and request that information.
You can also download copies of the attendance certificates here.
Thank you to our incredible sponsors!
We would like to extend yet another HUGE shout-out and thanks to our top sponsors of this year’s event starting with Cisco Secure, our Diamond sponsor! Following Cisco, we’d like to thank our Platinum sponsors including Check Point and CrowdStrike. For a full list of sponsors, check out the home page!
Also, don’t forget to revisit the variety of blog posts that our 2023 sponsors shared. Check out this awesome content at https://umsafoundation.org/news.
See you in 2024?
Did you know we are switching to a Wednesday-Thursday format for next year rather than the typical Tuesday-Wednesday format? Be sure to mark May 15-16, 2024 on your calendar for the 19th annual Secure360 conference, back at the beautiful Mystic Lake Casino. Please check our website and social channels (as well as your inboxes, of course) regularly for updates on next year’s schedule, attendee registration, sponsorship opportunities and more. For speakers and sponsors: our call for presentations and sponsorship registration will open up this summer! Stay tuned.
Stay in touch until then!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/upper-midwest-security-alliance/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/secure360/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Secure360
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/secure360_mn/