As a Minnesota-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the UMSA Foundation is run by a board of volunteers. Getting involved with the Foundation means giving back to the community and bettering the future of the industry of the professionals it will consist of. Currently, the Director of Grants position is open on the UMSA Foundation board.
Essential duties of the Director of Grants include:
- Manage, implement, evaluate and refine a system of on-going oversight, guidance, training and support related to development, programmatic and fiscal compliance in the implementation and management of privately funded grants at UMSA Foundation.
- Lead the development and implementation of both financial and programmatic controls and monitoring systems appropriate to ensure compliance of UMSA Foundation’s grant-funded projects.
- Oversee and coordinate grants contracts and financial management. Act as the primary point of contact and resource for all pre- and post-award grant activities.
- Coordinate the completion of grant applications in a timely matter by the UMSA Foundation board to procure funding for the Foundation and its services.
- Be responsible for grants and contracts processing. Oversee accurate completion and timely routing of internal grant documents and disclosures. Maintain the database and records to track activities.
- Monitor and disseminate information concerning guidelines and regulations for grant applications.
- Administer all post-award activities.
- Provide ongoing financial oversight of grants and contracts, including but not limited to: tracking of funds, evaluating expenditures, time and effort, preparing financial reports and forecasting.
- Develop processes to assist the board in preparing and overseeing applications for review and approvals.
- Supervise grant logging system to assure capture of necessary and pending grant information.
- Prepare changes of effort and funding documentation/requests.
- Initiate and process finance forms including check requests.
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc reports on expenditures and awards/grants.
If you are interested in the Director of Grants position, please send your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.